Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The First Three Wedding Aspects You HAVE To Plan

For a wedding to go smoothly, I have found through research and many, many wedding stories, that there are three wedding aspects that should always be first on your "special day checklist": guest list, location and date.

Normally, theme would be in the top three, but since we all know that I have already picked my theme, that is not included.

Well, why the guest list? If you don't know how many people are going to show up, you cannot pick a venue. If you don't know who's coming, you cannot plan a date that will fit you and your guest.

When I started making my guest list,  I figured that my fiance and I would have about 50 or 60 planned guests. ...I was wrong. As of now, I am up to 87 guests, and that doesn't include any of the my fiance's list.

So now, we're looking for a place that can seat around 150 people. And of course, like most couples, want to get married in a church. Thankfully, I am a member of the church that my parents got married in.

I would suggest finding somewhere that has meaning to you or your fiance, but also can accomodate every aspect of your ceremony. My friend Lisa planned her own wedding just like I am, and she said to "expect 50 less,  but plan for all to attend."

Last but not least is the date of your wedding. With planning a Christmas wedding, you need to make sure that it's not too close to Christmas that people will have other plans. I am planning our wedding on December 6th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment