Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lessons Learned From Wedding Blogging

Over the past few months, I have written about food, clothes, websites, people... basically anything to do with a wedding.

When I first started writing this blog, I never truly realized how much work goes into a wedding, especially if you're planning it on your owns.

For starters, PLAN AHEAD. I thought that I was being a little too proactive planning two years in advance, but in reality, it's a pretty smart plan.

Which leads to back ups. Always have a back up plan, because you never know when something might change.

Be patient. Some brides may be like me, and get a little "trigger happy" and try to plan the wedding all at once. FYI, that's not possible. No one is SuperBride.

Be open to new ideas. Your wedding does NOT have to be "by the book". It's your day! Have whatever you want. If you want to wear a lime green dress, wear a lime green dress. Just be happy.

Plan your budget well, but be flexible as to where your funds go. And think really carefully about each aspect of your wedding is more important... like for me, the food is not important enough for half of my budget. I want my dress and bridal party attire to be the main focus.

And remember that no matter what happens, you are in control. Don't let friends and family pressure you into anything. Just because your mother and grandmother wore the same wedding dress, doesn't mean you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment