Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Too Cheap For A Three Course Meal

The blog title says it all... I think that the food is not as important as the actual ceremony, and I am pretty sure I am not the only one.

When I started using WeddingWire, I used their budget app with a grand total of $5,000. It automatically took over half of my budget for the catering. Is it just me, or does that seem a little ridiculous?

If you are like me and do not want to serve your wedding guests a full meal, there are some alternative ideas that will not break your budget, but leave your attendees satisfied.

Potlucks are not just for church picnics and family gatherings. You can ask some of your family members to bring a dish or two, and all you have to take care of is the drinks and the china! You can easily customize your potluck dinner by picking dishes that you know certain family members can cook the best.

If you think that people will forget to bring their dishes, or you just don't have any culinary masters as relatives, then maybe you should consider finger foods. If you plan your wedding during a "snacking" time, then your guests will be satisfied. Times that could be ideal would be between 1 and 4 PM.

Are you and your fiance dessert lovers? Then have a dessert reception. I am personally leaning towards this idea. You have get as creative with desserts as you want. I plan on having a chocolate fountain with different types of fruits, marshmallows, pretzels and graham crackers. Yummy!

There are many ways to cut costs from your wedding, and food is definitely one way to do so. But that doesn't mean that taste has to suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment