Tuesday, April 3, 2012

So Sick of Red Roses

It seems that every wedding features red roses as the wedding flower. But I despise roses... so I was wondering, what are some other flowers that are rare to the Christmas wedding scene?

Gerber daisies are beautiful in the summer, but are also available in the winter. They are fairly inexpensive and comes in various colors. I would suggest white and red.

Another seasonal flower is the chrysanthemum. They are normally seen in the fall, but cam be readily available during most of the year. From my research, I have seen that some florists carry lime green!
Amaryllis is not a flower species that is discussed much or used often in weddings, but this flower is a winter blooming plant, and are known for their beautiful flower heads and long stems. Just like the gerber daisies, I suggest red and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment