Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Winter Wedding Dresses

When it comes to wedding dresses, I go from one extreme to the other: either very traditional or completely modern and contemporary. For winter weddings, I tend to pick traditional and modest styles.


I absolutely love this dress. Since I am full-chested, the cap sleeves are a nice way to have coverage and lift, but are classy compared to a simple strap. I also adore the touch of bling underneath the bust. It gives the dress a touch of glam, which is needed with all of the traditional lace. When I showed this picture to my friend, she said that this dress looked the most like my personality.


One word. Gorgeous. I love the lace on the shoulders, especially for more formal or conservative weddings. It gives coverage, but the lace detail gives a sexy look without being too provocative. I think this is my favorite out of the three.


For winter weddings, longer sleeves are great. I also love the detailing in the bottom of the dress. The beading/lace is a beautiful touch without crossing that fine line between elegant and way too frilly. And I think that this dress would fit curvy women like myself very well because of the hourglass cut and the white ribbon around the waist, accentuating the smallest part of a woman.

1 comment: